Sunday, February 24, 2008

SICK AGAIN

I really think this could be the longest February ever. I can not be the only one going crazy. The girls have been sick for a good 6 weeks just passing it back and forth. Meg has not been to school for atleast 2 weeks, had to miss the Cinderella Ballet on friday and both of them are not sleeping great at night. They both have had a cold, then stomach flu and now Meg has strep. Ava and I are getting something, we sound awful and my throat is so raw, I assume that Avas is as well. I am not sure if it may be strep, coming from Meg or from meem, who has the nasty influenza that is going around.
As we have been stuck in the house forever trying to find something to do, I decided to go through closets and drawers on tuesday. Ava was holding on to one of her glass flower knobs on her dresser and fell eye first right into it. It is still looking so bad. I love the looks that I get from people when they ask, oh what happened? You know they are wondering if I am the beating type. So I guess that's the only good reason to be stuck home!

11 comments:

Tanya said...

I had to make sure I wasn't reading my blog. Lars is sick again. I don't know what this time, a fever and not eating. I will take him in to the doc if it keeps up tomorrow and not wait as long as I did last time. He was only completely well for 2 days.

Anyway, here's the link for the Hurricane half in May. We are staying in St. George - leaving fri morning and coming home sun midday. The race will be about 45 minutes away. My husband is running, my friend Jennifer (you can see her blog link on my sidebar) from CA is running, and another friend Andrew. So, we'd love you to run with us and come spend the weekend in st. george.
http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1524534

Sunshine said...

That top picture of Ava is so sad, kids get hurt in the most unexpected, random ways.

I read the comment above and I have to say I'm really bummed that you didn't get in Moab w/me. It's really my fault for being scared of you(shoot). If you were doing it with me maybe I would've started training earlier than 2 weeks before the race.

Jenn said...

That is sooooo sad!!! I miss you guys sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much... there arent enough o's! Im sorry you are all sick! I just wish I was too so I could lay in bed all day and do nothing! Ava is looking very skinny... are you beating and starving her. Oh and I did tell you about the modeling thing. REmember???

HaleyandGabe said...

Marisa- next time just count to 10....hahaha

Arah Debra said...

I'm so sorry you guys have been so sick. You need to get some Kid's Immune Support. It's made by Planetary Formulas. Just go on line and do a search for it. I swear by this stuff. Gavin hasn't been sick all winter except one little stomach flu that lasted 24 hours.

Poor Ava looks so sad with that bruise on her face.

Tara said...

That does not sound like fun. I hope you get feeling better. The sickness has been never ending this winter. I love the pictures of your girls.

Nicolle said...

Hey I didnt know that you had a blog! Your little girls are adorable! I just got Kennedy's pictures done by Skye again and I LOVE them! They look alot like yours, infact I think our girls are on her blog together!

Oh and the pictures of Ava is so sad! :(

Manolakis Family said...

Oh little Ava, that picture is so sad. I can so relate to the sick the thing I swear several months went by before Lexie finally got better, I still swear the tubes changed things around for us. Hope you feel better soon!

Jense Family said...

Ris your pictures of the girls are so cute, who took them? Jason is still mad that we haven't got Baylee and Mckayla's 4 and 2 year old pictures yet and now we need pictures of Kyler also. Hope you get feeling better Baylee would love to play with Meg.

Tanya said...

Are you going to put Meg in a summer camp at KV? If so, which one?

Sommer said...

I am with you. This is the worst winter ever, I am going to lose my mind. I can think of 2 healthy weeks since November. I am ready to move to Florida. Our entire family has had the HORRIBLE flu. GRRRR!!!