Yesterday was not your average Super Bowl Day. Lance had gone snowmobiling Saturday day with our friend Shane. He was suppose to come home early Sunday morning to beat the storm.
About 11:30 Melissa, Shanes wife, called me to see if I had heard from them, which I had not, also to let me know that there were 3 messages on Shanes phone fron Sanpete County search and rescue, letting Shane know that they were trying to find them. We called the sargent and he informed us that they were working on it but that it was a complete white out, that they did not know where they were and that it may be to dangerous to send anyone else out right now. Of coarse we panicked.
Shane and Lance had left the cabin about 9, on their sleds. They were on their way to the truck when they got seperated in the white out. After a few hours, being super disoriented and both being stuck multiple times, Shane found his way back to the cabin and Lance kept trying to find his way to the road, which was covered in snow. It was so bad that Lance would push on the gas and could hear the sled going but wasn't actually going anywhere, he was stuck in the snow. They had 3 feet of fresh powder on Saturday and 2 more on Sunday. Luckly search and rescue got a snowcat to come plow and the volunteer snowmobiliers followed.
They made it home about 5:30 and they are both great. It is so scary all the things that race through your mind when you have no idea if they are ok or where they are even at. I am so thankfull that they are home and safe.
8 years ago
12 comments:
That is a scary story! I'm glad that Lance got back safe! Makes me want to ban Bryson from all potentially dangerous activity for a while. :-)
Oh my gosh.. these are things you need to call your sister about!!! That is so scary!!!!! I'll call you tonight!!
To: Lance
From: Common Sense
Since you spend gazillions at steepandcheap.com and whiskeymilitia.com why not buy a beacon (single most recommmended tool for snowmobiling)and a shovel (second most recommended tool for snowmobiling). I think it would be money well spent. But I am sure another pair of shoes or a hoody would be money well spent too.
Yours truly.
p.s. glad your safe bro.
Common sense, I appreciate your response you're obviously wise and frugal. But trust me,there are several different items that I will not venture out on the sled without. Me and Larsen just happened to have the man upstairs with us on that trip. That happens to be the one reason things turned out the way they did. Not to mention we're two pretty tough dudes.
I'm glad to have a good friend like Lance. We were very scared and glad to find out the other was ok. Sorry for all the worries about us.
That is so scary. I am glad that they made it home safe and sound. I can't imagine how you were feeling. Boys need to have safer hobbies.
Dying over here to know why I'm frugal?
Oh my gosh I would have been FREAKING out. I am glad to know Lance was ok and your mind is now at ease!
Ok, I have may comments...getting caught up on your blog. First, how scarry for Lance (I don't think I've ever even seen him) but still how SCARRY! You always hear those stories on the news. Had to laugh about the trip home from Discovery. Do you know how much vomit I have cleaned up in my car? Maili used to always get carsick and somehow missed the bag every time. I LOVE your photog skills! And then, I put a link to Carly's blog design biz on my post, so you can check her out. She is fabulous!
How scary Marisa! My little sisters husband is a hardcore snowmobiler and she freaks out when ever he's even a few minutes late. I'm so happy he was alright!
you are tagged! Go to my blog and see!
Oh man that makes me cry, things like that scare me to death. Im glad hes ok.
Post a Comment