Valentines Day this year was anything but over the top! I just could not get on top of it and it came so stinkin fast. Not that I usually do something major but I would really like to step it up next year for this holiday! Luckily the meem made cookies for the girls but I ate most of them! SHOOT!
We had to make Meg's valentine box for the first time this year. This was on Lances to do list but with him incognito most of the time it fell back to me. We searched Pinterest and she picked the iPod The problem with having all girls is that the pink construction paper always goes first. So with no pink paper we did the next best thing, cut up a Victoria's box. After 3 hours we finished, tinfoil sides, ear buds and a play list!
I helped in Ava's class for the first time. It's been a bit harder to do so with a baby. It was so fun to put faces with names and to see all their little personalities. Also to find out who I don't want her to play with. Sad but true! I absolutely LOVE Ava's teacher. I love that she has all girls and can relate to all the girl drama. I love that she is firm, on top of it but loving at the same time. She was Meg's teacher as well and I hope she will still be there for Sloan. My hell! She rearranged the Kindergarten program around Ava's dance concert. She had remembered that it was a conflict with Meg and she wanted to make sure Ava would be available. Yes Ava has plenty of acting skills to give but that is still so crazy and unbelievably nice. Meg is still talking about missing the Kindergarten program.
I got to talk to her a little more this time and she said something that I thought was great and something I had not really thought about before. As we were talking about Ava and some of the other kids she told me that my girls are always so happy and that is rare. That some of these kids can be so moody and unpredictable and she always knows there will be a smile on Ava's face and that Meg was the same way. I was very flattered and that is usually pretty true. I hope that means I'm doing something right as a mom? It was nice to hear that from her teacher because I get a bit nervous sending Ava anywhere. You never know quite what will come out of her mouth. They really are such good girls and I am so proud of them!

1 comment:
Awwwww... thats amazing and so true!! They are the best girls and you are a fabulous mom, I told you! ;)
Post a Comment