Thursday, February 28, 2013

STORYTELLING FESTIVAL

On Friday I received a message from Meg that she had taken second place in the 3rd grade for the Storytelling festival. We were thrilled!  She told the Wide Mouth Frog but in farm instead of zoo becaseu she could think of more animals.   It is a story that the meem has been telling the girls for a long time.  Then as I went to pick up Ava from school her teacher came up to me and asked if I had been working on a story with Ava for the festival, which I hadn't.   I thought I was in trouble and asked why.  She told me Ava told a story and she thought Ava had won against the entire Kindergarten.  I about died and asked what story she told?  The Wide Mouth Frog she said.  HAHA Awesome!  I had no idea she was doing that.  Ava told me she wanted to go last so she could be the "Grand Finale!"  Well today she went up against Kindergarten through 3rd grade.  She didn't win, the 3rd grader did but she did an amazing job!  So proud of you to get up in front of so many people and tell it so well!


4 comments:

Sunshine said...

WAY TO GO AVA!! Love that girl
the "grand finale" love it!

Makenzie said...

I love the fact that all our girls LOVE that story and it was told to us! Great Job Ava and MEggy!

*WEST* said...

So darling!! Love that she dares to stand out!!! XO

Jenn said...

How cool is that, our momma is one of a kind. I just wish I would have seen them both do it!! They are so so amazing!!