Over the last couple of years Ava's Dr and I have been talking about having her tonsils out. They are to big for her mouth, she snores and always sounds super nasally. Since we had hit our deductible with Sloan and Lance's back surgery we thought we should throw one more in. So the only open date was December 31st. She was a little nervous but mostly excited to eat ice cream and popsicles all day.
That morning we got to the hospital and they got her all prepped when the anesthesiologist came in to check her and found a heart murmur. We were not aware that she had one so they called my pediatrician who was not in and so they had to talk to one of the other doctors. Since it was not noted in her chart that she had one they would not do the surgery. So we went home! I was so mad that they didn't do it but at the same time if something happened during surgery I would never forgive myself. So better to be safe than sorry!
8 years ago

1 comment:
I pretty much just cried through all your posts. You are so lucky to have those sweet girls and that you got to spend so much great time with mom. You are right, that was such a blessing that they were there and even though im not there I felt so much better knowing she was there too. I Love getting to see all the girls picture and im happy it was cold so you could update ;)
Miss you guys so much all the time and cant wait to come home soon!!
Post a Comment