Sunday, January 29, 2012

TINKERBELL HALF MARATHON

The Tinkerbell half marathon/girls weekend was just amazing!  It seems like so much work to get ready to leave and especially because Lance had to go to Canada last minute when he was suppose to be home.  Thankfully my mom, Marchelle and Sam helped me out because it was so needed and just a perfect trip!
We left on Wednesday night and stayed in St George at Haley's place.  Got up the next morning and headed into Vegas for a couple of hours to shop and made it to Jenn's by 6.   That night her and Kev took us to an Italian restaurant by the beach that was super yummy!  The first of our many gigantic meals to come;)  Friday morning we took a run around Jenn's neighborhood that was so the best run ever.  You can run forever at sea level.  Later that day we hit downtown Huntington for some shopping and the beach.  Followed by some more shopping, cupcakes and Chick-fil-a!  It just was so mellow and we all found some really great things!  It was so nice to have no schedule and everyone just go with the flow.  We had to leave Saturday but before we did we hit up another mall and some lunch!  It was so nice to stay at Jenn and Kev's.  Kev was so accommodating as usual and I loved hanging with my seester!  It's always so hard to leave her there and takes me a bit to recover from the good byes.  Hopefully soon we won't have to!
They only live about 20 minutes from Disneyland so we got there about 3 to get our packets and have some more food.  Beans and rice, chips and salsa, chicken tacos, does that count as a great pre race meal?!?
We were up at 3:45 am to be down to the race by 4:45.  Not a lot of sleep but amazingly everyone was very good.  The race was awesome!!!  We were not in it for a time especially with 15000 runners.  The race was mainly a dodge some people, stop to take some pictures and run a little bit more then repeat race.  Not my best time but for what it was and 12 weeks pregnant on top of that I am pretty stoked that I did so well, that everyone did so well.  I came in at 2 hours and 7 minutes with Shan and Haley and Sun right behind.  After the race we made a stop at the hotel to shower and we hit the road.  We ate again at Cheesecake in Vegas and then stayed another night in St. George and made it home Monday morning.
We will for sure do this again.  The whole weekend was so much fun with all the girls.  Lots of laughs, cries, poops, food, treats and talks!  I cannot imagine doing this with out these girls! I felt so great the whole time we were in California and hoped it would last into Utah!  Not quite but I am getting better.  






4 comments:

Brandalyn said...

I bet that was a fun run! Congratulation on the being pregnant. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon. So exciting!

Jenn said...

That really was such a nice weekend, I loved having you here!! It was so quick and I hate that I cant get in the car and come home with you guys. Soon!!!...very soon!!

*WEST* said...

Such a great trip! One that we for sure have to do again! Maybe Florida next time!!

Sunshine said...

That was a good trip.
Love you!