Wednesday, May 13, 2009

TATER TOT GRADUATION


Meggy is just finishing her 3rd year in pre-school. She really is such a great student and her teachers just love her. She is very excited to start kindergarten next year and even though she has great friends, most of them are boys. There are not a lot of girls in our neighborhood and her girl friends have to be a scheduled play date. It would be so nice for her to have a close girlfriend to do dance camps and girl stuff with.
She seems to be so big lately and I think I often forget she is only 5. About a month ago we sat down to have a chat while reading some very helpful, great books. We read about strangers and what to do. Also about touching and boy, girl parts. I decided to talk about all of these things for one because when I asked her if she knew the difference between boys and girls she said,"Yes, Girls have long hair and boys have short hair." Very funny! Two because there are no brothers, boy cousins or anything else for her to see the difference and I am a bit scared of, you show me yours and I'll show you mine!
We are moving into all sorts of new phases and it's crazy to me that I am old enough to say "Let me be the mom" or "It's time for dinner and for friends to go home" and "boys are not allowed in your room and you don't go into boys rooms either." Is this for real???


5 comments:

crissi said...

hi marisa. we need to get the girls together. let me know when a good day is for you.
we missed the recital too! i heard it was great!

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh!!!! She is the cutest girl ever!! I love the one with the cap on! She should be a little model!!! :) Love her!!! Love you guys!!!

Tara said...

Cute pictures. Crazy that they are going to be in Kindergarten already. I don't know if I am ready for it!

*WEST* said...

CRAZY our preschoolers are going into kindergarten! I am excited for SUMMER we have lots of playing to do!

JaNae said...

how cute! your girls are darling. I love Kids Village.