Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ROAD RASH

Today we decided to take a quick ride up the canyon before dinner. Meg's friend came with us so they rode in the trailer with Lance and Ava rode with me on the tow along. I trailed a little behind them to go slower with Ava and I guess it was for good reason. We were only a couple of blocks from the house when she fell off the bike while riding. I can't see her behind me but I could feel her fall, it scared me to death. Luckily she had her helmet and pads on so she only ended up with a nasty road rash.
She cried for a bit but then was ready to swing and slide at the park. Ava and I headed home to clean her up while Lance and the kids finished the ride. Ava was fine in the tub, while I cleaned the dirt off and even while I put medicine on it but once I put the band aids on all hell broke lose. She did not like the band aids!!! She has been crying on and off tonight but is good to go. No more tow along for a while.

5 comments:

Sunshine said...

Oh my gosh that poor baby girl.
SO SAD!
knowing Ava she will be right back at it as soon as possible....okay it may take a couple weeks to forget this one.

crissi said...

Ouch!
Cute Ava, this will not be her only injury, she is such an active girl.
Hope you are all well. Ady decided she didn't want to do dance, she wants to be with her cousin in dance...so, we still need to get her and Meg together. Let me know a good day for you.

thescotts said...

OUCH!! That is not fun! Poor Ava. I hate owies! Maybe I won't do the tow along with Phin! HEEEHEEE!
Love, Kel

*WEST* said...

poor little Ava...And I can only imagine how scary that was for you.

Manolakis Family said...

Oh Ris, how scary! Poor little Ava - so bringing the wow along to Moab?