Sunday, March 1, 2009

BIKING DAY

Today was such a nice day with great weather. You know at every second Lance is trying to get us all on bikes. Usually we put Ava in the jogger but this year Lance thought she was old enough for the tow behind bike. I had my doubts and thought for sure she would fall off but she was a pro and held on so tight. He loves to start them so young which is great but I always think they need a bit longer. The only complaint from her was as we were pulling into the driveway she said hurt and showed me her hands.
Now Meg on the other hand. We have been trying to get her to ride her bike for a couple years now. All who know Lance knows that no biking is not an option. She still has her training wheels on and goes very slow. She kept falling on the way to the park but was doing OK. On the way home she had a complete meltdown. She hysterically cried, like I have never heard her before, the entire 4 blocks home. She sat on the curbs a couple times, in the road and kept screaming "Don't Leave Me!" She was either going to ride her bike home or drag it. She is such a softie and we may have damaged her permanently but she has got to learn to ride. Lance also told her that she is not allowed to watch any shows until she learns to ride her bike. I hope he sticks to that but we will see once he is watching the kids while I am working...

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

I love the picture that tells all. Ris obviously having words w/Meg, Meg upset, and Ava chillin on the big tow behind. TOO CUTE!!
Meg will come around to riding one of these days. (Hopefully)
If nothing else by next year Ava will show her how :)
They are so funny, cute & opposite.

GOOD LUCK!

Jenn said...

Thats so sad! Poor meg, maybe she just need a little more time Lance!! Im going to come and steal her! :) Miss you guys!

Molly said...

I can't wait for spring so we can be outside all the time! Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun! I'm jealous of your vacation!

Bri said...

Okay, that tow-behind bike is adorable! I've never seen one of those....what a good idea! :)

thescotts said...

Oh my gosh! Meg is darling. She is so sweet!
I love the tow behind. That is genius! I wish we would of had that for Ele. She is the bombanator on her bike. She doesn't slow down. We have had some really nasty falls. She wants her training wheels off so she can be like her dad.
Super cute guys!

Anonymous said...

such cute pictures. especially the one of Ava on the swing.