Monday, October 8, 2012

SLOAN 2 MONTHS

I feel like Lance and I were just talking about having another baby and she is already 2 months.  It is so crazy how fast it has gone.  I am trying to enjoy all the little things knowing that this will be our last. You forget how much you love those gown pj's, and the giant bink.  Or how they cover their eyes while sleeping and that yummy baby smell that makes you want to make out with them. You know what I mean and I can't wait for open mouth kisses!  You also forget how hard it is on your back to be lugging around a 14 lb baby all the time.  She is wearing 3-6 month clothing already and is changing so quickly. I think she may have Meg's body and hopefully Meg's legs but she definitely has her own little look, she is just darling!
Amber bought Sloan some socks that look like maryjanes and the girls just love them.  Since they love to pick her clothes she wears them to bed every night with the bonus that  they never fall off.  Lance has been waiting for one of our kids to get webbed toes and Sloan finally has them.  She has combo Lance/Meem toes, webbed from Lance and the pinky toe that doesn't hang out with the rest of the toes from Meem. We all are just eating her up.  The girls are right next to her every second she is awake.  They love to show her off to anyone who hasn't seen her. I love to see the interaction between them all.  It hurts my heart its so cute!  It really is so much different this time with such a big gap between her and Ava.  I am sure a big part is how much help the girls are and also being a bit older.  The hardest things for me this time is  having to slow down a bit and not getting as many things accomplished that I usually like to and not being able to workout as often as Id like.  I am not willing to take her to the daycare yet so if Lance isn't home then I cant go!
We moved her into her bed at 3 weeks and she has loved it as much as we have. She is sleeping through the night most of the time which means I am finally getting some sleep.  She usually gets up between 6-7 eats and goes back to bed for another 2 hours.  She is not a fabulous daytime sleeper but the nights make up for it.  Really she just wants to be snugged! She is still a pretty happy baby, smiling and talking a lot.  I love the flared nose that comes with talking and pooping.  She loves the tub and is becoming better friends with her bink.  She seems to enjoy being outside and has already had her first of many bike rides. Very grateful for this little girl and we all just love her!




1 comment:

thescotts said...

I just want to squish her and kiss her all over!! She's beautiful Ris!! I am so happy for you guys. She makes me think I might another one. MIGHT is the key word.
LOVE you all!!
XXO