I cannot express how thankful I am to not be pregnant anymore. I think the only things I actually enjoyed this time was the girls were big enough to understand what was happening and their excitement for a new baby sister. I also love it when Lance puts his hands on my belly in bed at night to feel her craziness. The last two weeks I had felt really pretty good but was counting down the days to my induction. I was over heartburn, restless legs, backache and nothing tasting good. This time around I gained 26 pounds which is pretty close to the girls. Meg was 22 and Ava was 25. I am so looking forward to getting back to my normal self.
The hospital had me scheduled for 7 am to be there. By 9 am I had my water broke, my epidural and was dilated to a 3. Lance and I just hung out most of the day taking naps while I SLOWLY progressed. By 6:00 pm I was only at a 7 and waiting to reach that 10. Ava came so quickly that I thought for sure by 2:00 she would be here. At 7 pm Dr. Jones came in and I had him check me while the family was still at the hospital. My mom was going to be in the delivery room so I didn't want her to leave and then have to come back. I was only at an 8 but apparently he thought that was good enough so he set the room up and said lets have this baby. About 4 contractions later Sloan was born. The doctors and nurses died when she came out cause she was so big. They were guessing 8 1/2 pounds. Close, a perfect 7 pounds 15 ounces and 20 inches long! Dr. Jones said it was a good thing we didn't wait another week. I so agree! They didn't believe me when I said I don't have tiny babies. I am so thankful that all of my delivery experiences have been amazing and that we have not had any complications. We are so excited for our new baby girl to arrive healthy and beautiful!
Sloan was named basically from the beginning. I had loved it from Ferris Bueller and thought about it with Meg and Ava. So this time I was set on naming a boy or a girl Sloan. Lance loved it for a boy but not as much for a girl. It took a bit of begging and pleading and he finally agreed. As for her middle name I feel like they have to have some sort of meaning or be named after someone. I really like my name and Meg is named after my dad, Ava after Lance so Sloan should be named after me right???
8 years ago



2 comments:
I cannot believe how amazing you looked at 9 months prego!! Best 9 month pregnant girl I've ever seen....seriously!
Congratulations Marisa! She is beautiful. And you looked way too good the night before you delivered her. In my dreams I only gained 26 pounds with both my pregnancies. You're super woman. Maybe someday we can all have an Aspen Salon reunion! That would be fun.
Post a Comment