Saturday, August 20, 2011

HOBBLECREEK HALF!

One more for the books! We keep saying no more half marathons and then we keep signing up. Well really what happens is that one of us decides that there is one that we need to do and that basically means that we are all doing it.
Saturday we met at Shans at 4:45 AM. Way to early! Poor Shan was still asleep when we got there cause her alarm didn't go off. That NEVER happens to her. It should have been an indicator because she didn't feel good for the rest of the day and the next. We were suppose to be at the church by 5:20 to catch the bus up to the top. We didn't end up loading till almost 6:30 and then once we reached the end of the bus ride we had a mile walk to the top. I felt pretty good through the whole race until mile 11 and then I couldnt wait to be done.
It was a pretty cheap and ghetto race but we all did awesome! Were missing Sun in the picture :(
I am sure we will be doing it again next year...
Official results for me!
1 hour 46 minutes (11 minutes better than my last)
281 out of 1074 runners overall
48 out of 184 in my age group

3 comments:

*WEST* said...

BLAHHHHHH!!! to do again or not...I have anxiety everytime I think about you not running with me for all these.....

DeGrey Family said...

Good job! You guys are awesome.

dayofmine said...

Congratulations on getting that done! I am thinking about trying a half marathon coming up. I need to train more for it though!