I feel like this has been such a different year for me. Maybe you hit 30 and something clicks or you now have 2 kids, one being crazy busy and that does it or who knows really but I love how I am feeling these days. I have always felt like I have been a confident person but with a close eye on what everyone else was thinking of me and now I feel like that is switching. I am now that person with a better eye on what I want, doing things for myself and am feeling so grateful for all the amazing things around me.
THINGS THAT ARE GOING ON...
*We had family pictures last week. Hopefully they went well. Meg, of course, did great but little Ava was not having it. It was also very hot.
*Meg also had her school pictures
*Lance is getting ready for lots of weekends of hunting and recovering from surgery on his mouth while dealing with massive allergies, FUN!
*We are still running, it is very dark, cold and windy that early but we tried a new venue today, the cemetery, morbid? actually really great!
*HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENN! Today to one of my 2 greatest sisters and friends!
THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR...
*That Lances business that is still very busy. With all that is happening, especially in construction, that we are not feeling the slow down to much.
*For the great get togethers with all of our friends that mean so much to us, including the spur of the moment bbqs that Lance throws.
*Lately I am hearing so many awful things going on in so many marriages and all I can think about is how amazing my husband is and what a great relationship we have!
*For Shannon, for which I would be without many fabulous peaches and Cinderella pumpkins.
*Most importantly! We now have a new pink addition to the family. Vea is healthy and sooo cute with a ton of black hair. More to come...
*That every time Ava gives a love she will hand you her gank to put over your shoulder, pat your back and say, ahhhhhh shuug ( snug) and she says it in the lowest little voice.
*That last night Meg read her first book all by herself.
*With all that has come this year and yet to come I find myself focusing on how important my family is, especially Lance and my girls!
8 years ago
9 comments:
I find my thirties so much better than my twenties. I felt exactly like you - confident, but always estimating how others felt about me. It has taken a long time but I'm finally in the spot you're describing. Just happy to be me and trying to be a better version of me, regardless of what anyone else thinks.
Monica, That is exactly how I feel, you just say it so much better. I think it is crazy how it changes so quickly. We are super excited for your new baby girl, talk about things about to change for you, it's amazing! How do we get access to your blog now days??? We would love to see how you are doing.
Ris, thanks for writing this. It made me think and made me want to be better. I have always thought that you were such a good mom. You seem like you are so patient and like you spend a lot of time with them. Things that I need to be better at. It's nice to read someones blog that is REALLY happy with life.
Your such a great role model for me Ris! Thanks for being such a great sister! Your always there when I need you and you deserve all the great things that are going for you!
:)
All I can say is I LOVE YOU!!! And I am so thankful for you...
*for our runs
*for your darling fam
*doing my hair
*get togethers (which we need more)
*just for our every day talks
*just for you being an amazing daughter,sis wife and friend!!!
shan
Hi Ris! Have made my blog private for now.. Eventually I'll put it back up publicly but I just felt kind of stilted and not able to write what I really felt knowing lotsa folks were reading. Also, I adore the posts about your girls, but it's really cool to hear about YOU and how you feel and what you're learning about life. I've had a blog for more than three years (almost all of my marriage) and it's awesome to jump back into a particular time in my life and remember how I felt. You'll always have pictures too look at - but you won't always be able to remember stuff like you will if you write them down.
Love to Lance too!
monica
What a wonderful place to be in your life. So many can only dream of having the kind of happiness you describe. As for me.... Well, I am hitting my mid 30's and in so many ways feel like my life hasn't really happened yet. Thank God for my husband Josh and Little Lucy, Family and good friends. It makes the blurry journey well worth it. Thanks for writing such a beautiful post. Its always lifting to hear such amazing thoughts.
What a sweet post - you will enjoy reading that years from now. I think you are a beautiful person, inside and out.
What a crazy year it's been for us too, but one of the best yet. It's always good to look at the positive. It makes life so much sweeter. Thanks for being a good friend. See ya tonight.
Post a Comment