Monday, May 24, 2010

JIVE A GIRL FOR ALL SEASONS

We made it through another year of the dance concert. Between 5 shows and 2 dress rehearsal's we get our butts kicked but it is always so much fun. Meggy was of corse amazing. She is so darling and a fabulous little dancer. We got home about 10 every night, shower, eat, and redo hair. Both girls would wear zoo-loos to school each day and all without a peep, at least from Meg!
I was very unsure of what to expect from Ava in her first year. We figured she had 5 shows to do something unexpected. Out of all of the things I thought she might do, not going out on stage was not one of them. On the first dress rehearsal she burnt her foot on one of the stage lights. I am not sure if that was part of the reason she had such a hard time or what her deal was. I will take blame for the melt down before the 2:00 show, I gave her allergy medicine and she was so tired, shit! Out of the 7 shows she made it on 2 of them, the 8:00 pm shows. After each show of not going on she would say, "I will go next time mom!" I did get upset with her for not going on. I am the first to admit that I thought for sure I was going to be a stage mom when we first put Meg into dance but I am not. I was upset cause it takes a lot of work to get her ready and she is so damn cute I just wanted to see her dance. I know she can do it and when she finally got out there she was the best and we were all so excited. Even all the other moms and the backstage crew were cheering cause we finally got Ava to go on. There was so many tears and breakdowns this year but they both really were troopers.
About a week after the concert Ava was having a rough night and I kept going in her room. The third time I went in there and she was still asleep and crying. All she kept saying is, "I promise mom I will go on next time." SO SAD!



6 comments:

Makenzie said...

I love that pic of Ava sleeping~ Poor girl!

*WEST* said...

You are such a great mom! There hair was so cute! LOVE THEM!!

Jenn said...

Seriously, I dont think they could have looked any cuter! I am so happy I was there to see the show and kinda help prepare! It was so fun!!

Staci said...

How fun!!! You have beautiful girls!! Seriously...so cute! Way to go Mom!

thescotts said...

They both did so good. Ava is SOOOOOOOOO STINKING ADORABLE! She broke my heart when she was crying. Meg is SOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL and did so good. Ele struggled at both 8 pm shows. BUT, we made it through without the HUGE meltdown that she had last year. It was way fun and I LOVED seeing you:D
XOXOXO

Manolakis Family said...

Oh Ris, those pictures are so dang cute!! The girls look so beautiful and love the hair!!