Tuesday, January 12, 2010

BYE BYE BINK

Lately all that Ava wants to do is to get into bed and have a rest. I think the only reason she wants to is because her bink is in there. Normally at 2 years old binks are allowed only at bed and nap time so they stay in there. Once they turn 3 it is gone. Ava still has a couple months until 3 but she was becoming way to attached to it so we decided it was time to get rid of it.
Saturday we took her to Build-A-Bear to trade in the binks for the bear. She was very excited about it all and kissed the 2 binks good bye before they sewed them into the belly. She named her bear Selma??? Everything was great until that night. She cried for a good hour and kept asking for at least just one bink not two and to take them out of the bear. I don't think it helped that she fell asleep in the car on the way home and then woke up. Lance rocked and I rocked till she finally fell asleep. Very Sad! Night two she asked a couple times but no crying and night 3 not even a word. So I guess it turned out to be the right time to do this. Next we are on to potty training=(


5 comments:

Meagan said...

Her crying was very sad!!! :( but that is such a cute idea to put the binks in the bear!!

*WEST* said...

I love the picture with her head burried in the bear!

thescotts said...

Ele would of tried ripping the bear open. We did the shnoo fairy. Worked for an hour. IT WAS A LONG WEEK!! Good for you and good luck. SHE IS SOOOOOOOOO DARLING!!

Tara said...

She is seriously stinkin cute. Day three and she was over it?! That is great. I hope the potty training goes well. I HATE potty training.

Jenn said...

Awww... My cute little Ava!! I would have given in for sure! Guess thats why im not a momma...yet! :) Cant wait to see you guys soooooon!!!! :)End of month we are thinking!